Europe 2015 (Day 6&7/20 - Mt Titlis, Milano, Venice)

Current location: Frankfurt
Current time: 12.48am
Current thoughts: Lost and dejected. Maybe I'm expecting too much, or maybe you just stopped giving. You were right. Maybe....... we are just different.

Touched down Frankfurt in the morning and went to the shopping street with only 1 hour of power nap because we didn't want to sleep then and wake up in the middle of the night. But no regrets as summer sales was on hahahaha. Went crazy at Zara and Primark. Well, thank god for SG50 because the company is giving us an extra $500 for that. Yay to free money! Can't wait for New York now. 2 more days :)

Back to my Europe holiday. Will be combining both Milan and Venice into 1 post because we only spent half a day in Milan. The tour stopped over at Mt Titlis on the way there. Since that was the only 'winter affair', I didn't bring my coat. And it was obviously a wrong choice because I was freezing my ass off in the mountains. It was also snowing heavily which was an extremely rare sight during summer so we couldn't see any scenery at all. During my last trip to Jung Frau (another mountain in Switzerland), it was also snowing heavily. Conclusion: I think I'm just fated not to see any mountain scenery in Switzerland. :( Still had fun with my family though and on a side note, it's our 2nd time seeing snow together! :)

So we headed to Milan after the mountains and spent ONLY 20mins at the Duomo before heading back to the hotel for the night. Was pretty upset about this part of the tour because it was so rushed and I didn't get to eat at my favourite gelato place which is near the Duomo bleahhh. Milan is not complete without my gelato.

Venice was fun though. We spent an entire day there, which 1 hour was dedicated to a museum tour, and another hour was on the gondola. A lot of time was spent traveling into Venice as we had to take a ferry into the town. Venice is definitely a city for lovers - perfect for couples in my opinion, however it was overly crowded with tourists. I still loved it anyway. :)



Trying to find the suspension bridge on Titlis but it was snowing too heavily :(

The brother being retarded

View from the bus: Enroute to Milano!



Whilst on the boat to Venice town.



So picturesque, just like in the movies :)


Gondola time! I have no idea why our Gondolier looks so grumpy here humph.





Till then, Venice.

Comments